Ooof! These are totally insane and hit all the right buttons. We made sure to wrap them up well and did not need toothpicks, though you can try using them if you want. We got so excited, we even tried experimenting with difference dipping sauces, but they don't need anything. They are perfect as they are.
- 6 jalapeño peppers
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces smoked sockeye salmon candy
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 12 slices bacon (we like the thick cut kind)
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F.
- Cut the jalapeño peppers in half lengthwise and remove the seeds and membranes with a small spoon.
- Remove skin from salmon candy and chop.
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese, chopped salmon candy, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon the cheese mixture into each jalapeño half.
- Wrap each jalapeño half with a slice of bacon and secure it with a toothpick if needed.
- Place the bacon-wrapped jalapeño poppers in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry for 10-15 minutes until the bacon is crispy and the cheese is melted and bubbly. The time will depend on how thick the bacon is and how crispy you like it.
- Serve immediately and don't burn your mouth!